So, I am big on lists. Here’s a list of things I love to do for myself, things that make me feel healthy and happy. Things that when I do them, I think: Dang, thank you, Katy. You are such an awesome friend to me (yourself. myself. you get it).
See if any of these hit you in your heart:
- Reading on the beach at sunset (had to lead with the picture caption)
- Getting a massage (had to follow with a plug for my business)
- Going to sleep early (this is totally new to me. I still kind of hate it but it always feels good to have done it)
- Waking up and having some time to drink my coffee and journal, meditate, stare at the magnificent morning weather (I crave this every morning)
- To really be present with my mind, my senses, my intentions just right here and now. Even for 5 seconds.
- Doing exercise that feels really, really fun. I recently rediscovered hula-hooping! Its very fun and silly.
- Going to see a great healing practitioner on a good recommendation. I’ve recently enjoyed acupuncture that blew my mind, totally shifted me.
- Listening to really inspiring podcasts, teachers, TED talks, audio books in the evenings or while I’m driving.
- Seeking community out and making the effort to show up to things that I’d love to be effortlessly a part of eventually. Community is rich and amazing. It’s out there if you need it ever.
- Simplifying my house and getting rid of so much crap!
- Keeping my house tidy… somehow this has evolved into my pretty often habit and it feels quite peaceful. I used to drive myself mad with clutter tornadoes until I realized that it paralleled the state of my mind. Tidy=calm mind? Sometimes?
- Stretching at night, even 5 minutes. It feels like the opposite of coffee in the morning.
- Leaving my devices off in the evenings. I do not do this ever. But it sounds like a really good idea!
- Practicing surrender, gratitude, mindfulness and embracing ME as being exactly as I am right now. Huge life concepts boiled down to to one run-on sentence. This is my work.
What do you think? Make your own list (even in your head) and see what you come up with!